The Office for Men of Color Engagement at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is a community dedicated to helping students develop academically, socially, and professionally. Our program is a part of The Center for Student Success and Academic Counseling (CSSAC) in the College of Arts and Sciences. Our goal is to improve graduation and retention among underrepresented men of color on campus.
- Assist with securing undergraduate research experiences
- Publicize opportunities such as internships, scholarships, and programs where men of color are under represented
- Encourage thoughtful discussion on race and place at UNC and the university’s contextualization of our history
- Facilitate introduction to graduate/professional program contacts at UNC, particularly in fields where men of color are under represented
- Provide support for students considering to self-identify learning differences/disabilities with Accessibility Resources and Service